We here at H.A.L. Publishing are proud to present our newest foray into venture literature. Far Enough East is an online publication that will showcase work from emerging and established writers breaking barriers and crossing borders. H.A.L. is firmly rooted in Shanghai’s independent literature community, but are now turning our eyes towards the international community, seeking exceptional literature and poetry that captures the world we live in today.
1) All submissions must be in English. Translations are acceptable and should be accompanied by a copy of the original text. Fiction and non-fiction entries are not to exceed 3,000 words. Poets may submit up to five poems at once; no single poem should exceed 100 lines.
2) Submissions should be attached as a word document.
3) A short, 50 word factual bio can be included in the body of the entry email.
4) Special formatting discouraged.
5) Selected writers grant H.A.L. Publishing first serial rights; all rights revert to the author upon publication, which will occur within six months of acceptance. Selected writers grant H.A.L. the right to indefinitely promote the author’s work online and in print, including by excerpting the work online and in print for promotional purposes.
6) Simultaneous submissions allowed, but please notify the editors immediately if chosen for publication elsewhere. Previously published material not allowed.
8) By act of submission, submitters verify that the work they submit is their own and does not infringe on the copyrights of any other author, story or work, published or unpublished.
9) Failure to follow or agree to these terms will result in disqualification.
10) Subject of e-mail should include name of author, name of piece and genre you are submitting to. (ex: Author Name/ Title/ Genre)
Please send all submissions to Editor Robin Silver at email@example.com by midnight (Shanghai time) Oct 22. We will respond to all submissions prior to publication of the issue to which authors submit their work.